Alex Pettyfer: A teenage buddy-bond, then a career of meeting The Girl in a gay-free universe. At least he's super-sized

 


I found several nude photos of Alex Pettyfer, who I recall vaguely from the 2000s.  Didn't he play a gay teenager at one point?  So I'll start the research.  

Alex was born in 1990 in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, about 30 miles from London.  His parents were stage actors making the rounds of West End theatres.  His career began at age seven, when fashionista Ralph Lauren met him in a toy store and chose him to be the face of British youth.  

Several schools followed.  I don't know if Alex kept flunking out, or being sent down for pranks, but eventually he ended up at the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London, and landed his first on-screen role, Tom Brown's School Days (2005).


Movie versions of the 1857 novel by Thomas Hughes are usually rather open about the romances of macho, athletic boarding school boy with snobbish intellectual East (played by Jimmy Lydon, left, and Freddie Bartholomew, center, in 1940).  Alex's version tones down the buddy-bonding in favor of a mentoring relationship with the headmaster (Stephen Frye).  Plus he flirts with a girl.

I'm a little disappointed, but maybe the gay  roles come later.


Alex Rider: Stormbreaker (2006)?  It was supposed to be the start of a series based on Anthony Horowitz's novels about a 14 year old spy.  But the reviews were awful, so it was dropped. Spoiler alert: Alex gets a girlfriend.  

Left: Otto Farrant played Alex Rider in the tv series.  He gets a girlfriend, too.

Wild Child (2008)?  A spoiled rich girl is sent to a stuff British boarding school.  Alex (Pettyfer) plays her "love interest."  Why do they call it a "love interest" instead of "heterosexist propaganda"?




This shot from Tormented (2009) looks like Alex is hugging a boyfriend, but he's actually bullying a boy.  The boy dies, then returns from the dead to get his revenge on the popular kids who "tormented" him.  Bradley plays one of the popular kids; he has sex with his girlfriend, and then gets his penis torn off.


Left: Alex's butt as he gets with his girl.





 


I'm getting tired of this.   I'm skipping to the shows Alex is "known for."

In Time (2011): "In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth."  Wait -- you stop aging at age 25, but die at age 26?  Who cares if you stop aging?   Anyhow, Justin Timberlake and The Girl are on the run. 

Alex plays Fortis, "a greedy, homicidal gangster" who steals time from people.  I read through his biography, hoping that he would be gay, but nope, he tries to sexually assault Justin's girlfriend.

More after the break





Magic Mike
(2012): Adam (Alex) is drawn into the world of male strippers (for women only; gay men do not exist).  Some viewers find a gay subtext in his friendship with his mentor (Channing Tatum), but they're both shown sexing with girls repeatedly, which ruins the subtext.   But at least there's a lot of beefcake.








Elvis & Nixon
(2016): The singer (Michael Shannon, left) meets "I am not a crook" (Kevin Spacey). Alex plays Elvis' friend Jerry, who accompanies him to Washington but is anxious to get home, because he's meeting his girlfriend's parents.  Straight, of course. 

Back Roads (2018): Harley's dad is "shot dead," his mom goes to prison, and he is saddled with the responsibility of raising his three sisters.   Dude has an affair with a married woman, flirts with his female therapist, and gets down with his sister.  I'd say he's straight.








Under the Stars (2025):
A writer (Alex) gets upset when he sees his girlfriend kissing another guy, so he runs away to Italy, and meets the...Girl of His Dreams.  Ugh!  

I asked Google AI if there were any gay characters, even minor walk-ons like swishy desk clerks.  No.  I don't think Alex has ever heard of the existence of LGBT people.

Left: Vincent Riotta, who you may recall from the even more heterosexist Da Vinci's Demons, appears as Pietro.  I don't know who Pietro is, as the only reference I could find is behind a paywall.

In real life, Alex has been with Dutch model Marloes Horst, German model Toni Garn, and American model Riley Keough (don't get excited: she's just a girl with a boy's name).  




Why did I start this profile again?  Right, I thought he played gay characters -- it must have been the minor buddy-bonding of  Tom Brown's Schooldays, at the start of his career.  Nothing since.

And he's got nude photos.  So let's look at his cock.










Nice size, but lots of guys are big down there.  I'd rather see him in just one movie where gay people exist.











See also: Tom Brown's School Days

No comments:

Post a Comment